Thursday, April 10, 2014

It's Snowing on Street View


Last week for April Fool''s Day I created a little Street View app that overlaid  animated clouds on Street View. Today I thought I'd see if I could create a little Street View application that featured animated falling snow.

Luckily for me Seb Lee-Delisle has created a great HTML5 Canvas Snow in 3d library. This library creates a canvas element with falling snow. I particular like how the snow in this library is responsive to mouse movements.

It was a simple job for me to just create a Street View instance and overlay the snow canvas on top of the Street View. Here's the result - Street View Snow. If you have the hacking chops you could develop this by using the Street View Depth library to create an application where the snow actually accumulates on the edge of buildings and objects in the Street View.

No comments: